Workshop on “Nonstandard Investment Choice”
ESSEC Business School is delighted to organize a Workshop on “Nonstandard Investment Choice” that will take place on September 20, 2019 at ESSEC Campus in Cergy.
This workshop aims at bringing together, during a full one-day event, international scholars doing research in a wide range of topics including, but not limited to, behavioral portfolio choice models, asset allocation with derivatives, portfolio insurance, hybrid portfolios, crypto-assets and blockchain, energy and commodity assets, alternative investments, and frictional asset allocation.
Submission papers deadline on April 30, 2019.
Please consult our website for more information: http://nsic.essec.edu/
Deliberation, Belief Aggregation, and Epistemic Democracy (DBAED II)
It is my pleasure to announce the Second Conference on Deliberation, Belief Aggregation, and Epistemic Democracy (DBAED II), which will occur from Tuesday, 11 June to Thursday, 13 June at the Maison Internationale de la Recherche of the Université de Cergy-Pontoise. This interdisciplinary conference will bring together researchers in theoretical economics, formal political science, philosophy, computer science, engineering, psychology, sociology, physics and mathematics who have been independently studying similar questions: namely, opinion formation dynamics, peer interactions and deliberation in social groups, and the implications of these phenomena for the epistemic competency of collective decisions. Each invited speaker will deliver a one-hour presentation, followed by thirty minutes of questions and discussion with the audience. (The list of invited speakers is available on the conference website.)
Everyone is welcome to attend the conference, and there is no admission fee. However, registration is required (so that we predict the number of participants). The deadline for registration is 1 June.
All presentation time is dedicated to the invited speakers and open discussion sessions. But there will also be a poster session; all conference participants are invited to submit posters for consideration. (But you don’t need to present a poster to participate in the conference.) The deadline for poster submissions is 15 March.
For more information about the conference (e.g. program, location, registration, poster submissions), please consult the website:
If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at <email@example.com>. Also, please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone who you think might be interested.
- Alain Chateauneuf (PSE, IPAG & University of Paris 1)
- Jean-Pierre Drugeon (PSE & CNRS)
- Thai Ha-Huy (University of Evry)
6th “Journée d’Econométrie Appliquée à la Macroéconomie” (JEAM) will take place in Paris.
Conference on non-stationarity
04.06.2018 – 06.06.2018
IEA, Labex MME-DII ,AGM, ANR Elitisme, SAMM Paris 1, Cdiscount
The department of mathematics (AGM) and the theoretical Physics laboratory (LPTM) of University of Cergy-Pontoise will host, on 13 and 14 september, a two-day workshop on
“From mathematical physics to context tree estimation”
Dedicated to the memory of Enza Orlandi
The aim of this conference is to provide both the state-of-the-art and recent advances in the following topics in mathematical physics and probability theory:
– Long-range interactions in statistical physics
– Gibbsian and non-Gibbsian measures
– Context tree estimation
« 3rd International Meeting in Law and Economics ». The event will be held on 2016, April 14&15, in the premises of the MSH Paris Nord.
Maison des Sciences de l’Homme Paris Nord – 20, Avenue George Sand – 93210 Saint-Denis La Plaine
Contact : Eric.Langlais@u-paris10.fr
More information at : http://economix.fr/fr/activites/colloques/?id=254
The Banque de France and Théma are pleased to announce that the 20th Conference « Theories and Methods in Macroeconomics » (T2M) will take place in Paris, on March 24-25, 2016. This conference provides a forum of discussion between advanced Phd/postdoctoral students in Macroeconomics and established researchers in their field. The conference contains parallel, invited and plenary sessions. Submissions of theoretical and empirical papers in macroeconomics are welcome. Participants are expected to prepare a 5 minute discussion of another paper.
Guest speaker : Olivier Coibion, University of Texas, Austin
19TH CONFERENCE THEORIES AND METHODS IN MACROECONOMICS
Humboldt University, Berlin
March 26-27, 2015
- Extreme Events in Finance, 15-17 December 2014, ESSEC
- Ecology of Poverty and Economic Development, November 13 & 14 2014 at the Paris School of Economics
- Professor Adam Jakubowski’s mini-courses, “Convergence in Distribution on Metric and Submetric Spaces”, October 30 – November 20, 2013 (link), registration
- Workshop on ” Recent developments in Networks models: statistic and economic modelling”, November 19-22, 2013 (link)
- Workshop on “Stats in Paris” est organisée à l’ENSAE ParisTech, November 18-22, 2013
- Thematic Semester “SHADE” (Strategic/Heterogeneous Agent in Dynamic Economies), September 2013 – Februray 2014
- International and cross-disciplinary seminar on “Complexity in Social Systems: from Data to Models,” June 27-28, 2013 (link)
- One-day workshop on “Applied Econometrics to Macroeconomics“, le 20 juin 2013
- Seminar on “Risk, Uncertainty & Decisions,” May 29-31, 2013 (link);
- Professeur Yannis Vailakis’courses, University of Glasgow “Finance General Equilibrium” , Thematic Semester “SHADE” May,21-28 mai 2013 , University of Evry, (lien)
- Workshop “Risk, Uncertainty and Decisions”, May 29, 30 et 31, 2013 (lien)
- One-day workshop on “Voting Theory and Elections,” April 19, 2013 (link);
- Seminar on “Theories and Methods in Macroeconomics,” March 27 & 28, 2013 (link);
- One-day workshop on “Macroeconomic Dynamics,” Jan. 17, 2013 – organized in partnership with ENSAI (link);