Deliberation, Belief Aggregation, and Epistemic Democracy
May 30 – June 1, 2018 Paris
Link : For more information
Theories and Methods in Marcroeconomics T2M, will be held in Paris Dauphine University on March 15-16th, 2018.
Link : More informations
Michel DACOROGNA (Head of DEAR-Consulting (Zurich), Partner at Prime Re Solutions (Zurich), and Director of Risk Management at the Geneva Association) will be visiting ESSEC-CREAR this spring within the labex international chair program.
The program of this international chair is set to combine workshops, where Michel will present selected topics of his lecture on “the Economy of Risk in Insurance”, and a public conference on the lessons learned from his research on high frequency data in finance, field that Michel, among others, initiated thirty years ago. To favor exchanges with members of our research community (researchers, post-docs and PhD students), we will organize a one-day workshop in the framework of LabEx series seminars, where people will have the opportunity to present their own work along with Michel talking about the change of paradigm in the insurance industry.
More information here (this page will be updated with the detailed program and practical information):
- Mohamed BEN ALAYA (LabEx MME-DII & Univ. Rouen, LMRS)
- Jean-Michel COURTAULT (LabEx MME-DII & Univ. Paris 13, CEPN)
- Marie KRATZ ((LabEx MME-DII & ESSEC CREAR)
- Yang LU (LabEx MME-DII & Univ. Paris 13, CEPN)
CALL FOR Proposals 2018
LABEX MME-DII welcomes submissions for research proposals, conferences, doctoral and post-doctoral positions and master’s scholariships.
LABEX MME-DII aims at promoting a research and training program which combines economics and mathematics, with a specific focus on the modelling of stochastic processes, individual decision-making under uncertainty, interactions between agents, and the resulting dynamics. By bringing together such cross-disciplinary areas of knowledge as economics, mathematics and theoretical physics, MME-DII will help shed light on today’s major societal challenges – ranging from the prevention of financial crises to the management of environmental risks.
As part of its scientific program, LABEX MME-DII welcomes submissions in all areas of research of its scientific program in the following categories:
* Call for proposals April, 6th 2018
Deadline for applications: May 27, 2018
- Chair of excellence
- International chairs
- Doctoral fellowships
- Post-doctoral fellowships
Call for proposals and application guidelines: (in French only)
Advanced courses, conferences and seminars on the modeling of behaviors and interactions
Organized in partnership with labex MME-DII and Fondation pour la Modélisation en Economie.labex
Laura Hernandez – LPTM
Marius Ochea – THEMA
Alessandro Torcini – LPTM
A Thematic Cycle on Complexity will take place in 2018 at the Institute of Advanced Studies (IEA) of Cergy-Pontoise University. It aims at providing to UCP researchers dealing with complex systems in their own disciplinary field, with the opportunity to discuss their experiences and methods. It will also be the occasion to bring together local and international experts in the different involved disciplines. This thematic cycle is developed in the framework of the national ISITE project related to Complexity studies, recently awarded to Cergy-Pontoise University.
The kickoff event of this cycle is an invited seminar by Professor Roberto Livi, previous holder of the IEA International Research Chair 2011, taking place on January 30th 2018.
All around the year, the Thematic Cycle will propose:
- Cross disciplinary courses: they are aimed at an interdisciplinary public, and are open to students (master level) and researchers interested in learning practical methods and tools devoted to the study of complex systems.
- Specific courses: these short courses will address a specific topic in complex systems. Starting from the state of the art on the chosen topic, they aim at presenting the recent advances on the domain.
- Interdisciplinary conference « Transversal problems on Complexity », it will be held on May 23rd and 24th 2018, and will bring together internationally renowned keynote speakers and local researchers specialized on different aspects of complexity.
- International Research Workshop: “Extreme Dynamics on Networks”, to be held on May 25th 2018. Its aim is to bring together local and international researchers in order to prepare an interdisciplinary project, to apply to the ITN-EJD-MSCA, 2019 call.
- Specific conference: « New Insights in Complex Neural Dynamics”, to be held on June 2018.
- Periodic seminars and mini-symposia: All along the year, there will be either seminars given by recognized experts in the chosen field, open to a large scientific public, or mini-symposia, gathering several experts in order to hold a deeper discussion on the chosen topic.