Advanced courses, conferences and seminars on the modeling of behaviors and interactions
Organized in partnership with labex MME-DII and Fondation pour la Modélisation en Economie.labex
Laura Hernandez – LPTM
Marius Ochea – THEMA
Alessandro Torcini – LPTM
A Thematic Cycle on Complexity will take place in 2018 at the Institute of Advanced Studies (IEA) of Cergy-Pontoise University. It aims at providing to UCP researchers dealing with complex systems in their own disciplinary field, with the opportunity to discuss their experiences and methods. It will also be the occasion to bring together local and international experts in the different involved disciplines. This thematic cycle is developed in the framework of the national ISITE project related to Complexity studies, recently awarded to Cergy-Pontoise University.
The kickoff event of this cycle is an invited seminar by Professor Roberto Livi, previous holder of the IEA International Research Chair 2011, taking place on January 30th 2018.
All around the year, the Thematic Cycle will propose:
- Cross disciplinary courses: they are aimed at an interdisciplinary public, and are open to students (master level) and researchers interested in learning practical methods and tools devoted to the study of complex systems.
- Specific courses: these short courses will address a specific topic in complex systems. Starting from the state of the art on the chosen topic, they aim at presenting the recent advances on the domain.
- Interdisciplinary conference « Transversal problems on Complexity », it will be held on May 23rd and 24th 2018, and will bring together internationally renowned keynote speakers and local researchers specialized on different aspects of complexity.
- International Research Workshop: “Extreme Dynamics on Networks”, to be held on May 25th 2018. Its aim is to bring together local and international researchers in order to prepare an interdisciplinary project, to apply to the ITN-EJD-MSCA, 2019 call.
- Specific conference: « New Insights in Complex Neural Dynamics”, to be held on June 2018.
- Periodic seminars and mini-symposia: All along the year, there will be either seminars given by recognized experts in the chosen field, open to a large scientific public, or mini-symposia, gathering several experts in order to hold a deeper discussion on the chosen topic.